Every week Kwakiutl organizes a borrel on the Thursday nights where all the member are welcome from 21:00 – 01:00. At these borrels you can blow off some steam from a busy week by drinking some beers with your friends or dancing your butt of on the dancefloor to songs you recommended.
Besides the weekly borrel there a also occasionally theme borrels organized by the social committee of Kwakiutl. Like the name theme borrel suggests, this is borrel has a certain theme. To give you an idea about the what kind of theme borrels we organize: a new year’s borrel, a carnaval borrel or a valentines borrel. However, no theme is mandatory, so if you have a super awesome idea for a theme borrel, you should definitely walk up to the social committee and let them know!
Antropologen houden van reizen. De leden van Kwakiutl zijn als echte antropologen op reis helemaal in hun natuurlijke habitat.
Elk jaar organiseren we drie buitenlandse reizen:
- De etnografische citytrip
- De Kwakiutl liftwedstrijd
- De grote studiereis
Samen ontsnappen we dus drie keer per jaar aan het hectische universiteitsleven in Amsterdam. We zorgen ervoor dat de reizen vol zitten met antropologisch interessante activiteiten en vrije tijd om zelf op avonturenpad te gaan.
Benieuwd naar de volgende reis? Mail even naar
Specially organized for the freshmen there is a yearly freshmen weekend. This will take place at the beginning of the year and the goal is to let the freshmen get to know each other better. Through games, a pubquiz and a few drinks, you will have a great weekend. During this weekend you will also get to know the association and the old and new board of Kwakiutl.
Upcoming year the freshmen weekend will be organized in Zwiggelte.
We are looking forward to meeting the new freshmen, see you then!
LaSSA stands for Landelijke Samenwerking Studenten Antropologie. The goal of LaSSA is to bring together anthropology student from all over the Netherlands. Through a few diverse and exiting event, we foster the mutual relationships and the contact between anthropologists.
LaSSA organizes three events throughout the year, but this can vary every year. In the year 2019/2020 we organized a party at the beginning of the year, an antropoloopbaandag (a career event) and a conference. The conference is the biggest yearly events of the LaSSA. We invite expert to come and talk about the concerning theme. The events is very well appreciated and the most fun part is that you can also organize it, because you can also join the LaSSA.
The study associations of the LaSSA are:
University of Utrecht – Djembé
VU in Amsterdam – EOS
University of Leiden – Itiwana
Radboud University Nijmegen – Umoja
University of Amsterdam – ASV Kwakiutl
- American Elections 2020; Let's Talk About ItTue, Dec 01https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82902000431?pwd=dDec 01, 2020, 4:00 PMhttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/82902000431?pwd=dAre you interested in American politics, or just blown away by Trump's political strategy? Do you want to learn more about the voting system or if Trump can be prosecuted after he is no longer president? Join us for a deep https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82902000431?pwd=dVErMjBySWFNMXdIRWNleXhyVWVlQT09
- ANYTHING BUT A CUP BORREL🧉🥣🥫🔫💡🧫Thu, Nov 26zoomNov 26, 2020, 9:00 PMzoomNovember 26, 9:00 PM Dear members! Grab anything that holds a drink, pour yourselves a lovely drink (an amaretto sour or bloody mary maybe?), And join our discord! Find your friends in one of our rooms and spot the most crazy non-cups. Discordlink will follow :) Looking forward to
- Clothing SwapTue, Oct 06Roeterseiland CampusOct 06, 2020, 12:00 PMRoeterseiland Campus, Roetersstraat 11, 1018 WB Amsterdam, NetherlandsWe couldn't wait any longer, so it's time for our first Clothing Swap! Dive into your closet, find all the pieces you don't like anymore and bring them to us in the BK (Boardroom B 1.04A) BEFORE THE 6TH! We will collect them all, make our own special Kwakmarket. Step by the on the 6th to pick out (
- Thu, Jun 18https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2791540767
- Thu, May 14Online - ZoomMay 14, 2020, 8:00 PMOnline - ZoomDuring this extra scheduled GMM we would like to discuss the Articles of Association, Internal Regulations and the Regulations of the General Meeting of Members. These documents can be found on our website. If you have any questions or if you want to view old documents, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thu, Mar 12REC C0.01Mar 12, 2020, 5:00 PMREC C0.01, Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, Amsterdam, The NetherlandsSociety is under a vortex of fast and unpredictable changes. This shaky future is something we either think about too much or think about too little. 8 study associations of the FMG have organized an interdisciplinary congress about all the possibilities and outcomes of our future society.
- Wed, Mar 11ASV Kwakiutl
- Wed, Mar 04Roeterseiland Campus
- Thu, Feb 27AmsterdamFeb 27, 2020, 3:30 PM – 9:45 PMAmsterdam, Amsterdam, The NetherlandsDear prospective anthropologists from across the country, It's time for the biggest career event of this academic year: LaSSA's Anthropology Job Day! February 27 is entirely devoted to potential employers and job opportunities for anthropologists.
- Wed, Feb 19UndercurrentFeb 19, 2020, 7:00 PM – Feb 20, 2020, 3:00 AMUndercurrent, Papaverweg 54, 1032 KJ Amsterdam, NetherlandsA night filled with beautiful dresses, tuxedos, red carpets and stars that will burn into the evening. This year's theme is inspired by Vincent van Gogh's romantic and fairytale painting called "Starry Night".
- Fri, Feb 07Hunsel, De BekerhofFeb 07, 2020, 3:00 PM – Feb 09, 2020, 3:00 PMHunsel, De Bekerhof, Beekstraat 9, 6013 RV HunselOn the 7th, 8th and 9th of February we travel with Kwakiutl to the picturesque Hunsel again for a weekend Geinen jumping flying drinking getting up and going again !! ** ATTENTION ** With 60 registrations, the places will be divided by draw !!
- Thu, Feb 06ASV Kwakiutl
- Thu, Jan 09Caffe Milo
- Thu, Dec 19Caffe MiloDec 19, 2019, 6:30 PMCaffe Milo, Linnaeusstraat 71h, 1093 EJ Amsterdam, The NetherlandsOn Thursday December 19 Kwakiutl organizes a legendary Christmas dinner. Do you want to have a nice dinner with your friends and celebrate that the year is almost over, or have you always wanted to give a Christmas speech, sign up now!
- Thu, Dec 05ASV Kwakiutl
- Mon, Dec 02ASV KwakiutlDec 02, 2019, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PMASV Kwakiutl, Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, Amsterdam, The NetherlandsThe annual edition of the family evening! Your mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, nephews, grandmothers, great-aunts and grand-nieces are welcome at the UvA to spend an evening immersing yourself in anthropology.
- Fri, Nov 29Club MaggyNov 29, 2019, 10:00 PM – Nov 30, 2019, 4:00 AMClub Maggy, Oudegracht at the Werf 154We are proud to present the very first edition of the anthropologist party of the year: ANTROPOLOCO! Theme this year: Party with the ANWB! Get all your anthro buddies and come dance your walking shoes in Utrecht for an evening!
- Wed, Nov 20Club UpNov 20, 2019, 10:30 PM – Nov 21, 2019, 3:00 AMClub Up, Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 26-1, 1017 RC Amsterdam, The NetherlandsFor the party animals! On November 20th it is time for the first big party of the year! For this first party we have joined forces and together with SEC, Mercurius and Comenius we are organizing a MEME Party!
- Thu, Oct 31Caffe MiloOct 31, 2019, 9:00 PM – Nov 01, 2019, 1:00 AMCaffe Milo, Linnaeusstraat 71hThe days are getting shorter, the nights are getting longer. The drinks on 31 October will therefore also color differently into a Halloween drink! Everyone who is dressed up is welcome to this drink. Do you still have make-up, a mask or even a complete outfit at home? Put it on and dance the night away with us
- Fri, Oct 25Common RoomOct 25, 2019, 4:00 PMCommon Room, Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, Amsterdam, The NetherlandsAfter the great success of last year, we are organizing a clothing swap again this year !!! So collect everything you no longer wear: everything is welcome! Immediately dig through your brother, sister, mother or uncle's closet and see if you can also save items there from dusting!
- Thu, Oct 17REC A2.12
- Fri, Sep 20Accommodation in Zwiggelte
- Thu, Jun 27Café Havelaar
- Tue, Jun 25ASV KwakiutlJun 25, 2019, 5:00 PMASV Kwakiutl, Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, Amsterdam, The NetherlandsThe title actually says exactly what we are going to do. Sailing on a boat through the canals of Amsterdam, and on that boat we go for a drink. When we have sailed out we come back to Roeters, where we eat (a lot and very tasty) and watch a movie.
- Tue, Jun 18ASV KwakiutlJun 18, 2019, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PMASV Kwakiutl, Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, Amsterdam, The NetherlandsThe last GMM of this year will take place on Tuesday 18 June. The 33rd candidate board will be presented during this ALV. Do you want to gain more insight into what Kwakiutl is doing, make your voice heard or ask questions? Then come to the GMM on June 18!
- Thu, Jun 13Living room of Elizabeth Otter KnolJun 13, 2019, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PMLiving room of Elizabeth Otter Knol, Eikenplein 2, 1092 CC Amsterdam, The NetherlandsOn Thursday, June 13, we invite you to come and enjoy an evening full of music, food, drinks, friends and a good atmosphere. The main purpose of the evening is to raise money for the Vakantiebus.
- Thu, May 09CREA
- Thu, May 02Café HavelaarMay 02, 2019, 9:00 PMCafé Havelaar, Voetboogstraat 22, 1012 XL Amsterdam, The NetherlandsWe would like to celebrate a karaoke party with you on 2 May! Get your friends together and decide as which band you are going to perform, put on a great performance on your own or bring us the Dutch song of life after a few beers.
- Fri, Apr 26Perdu Foundation
- Tue, Apr 23Barentszplein 7Apr 23, 2019, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PMBarentszplein 7, Barentszplein, 1013 NJ Amsterdam, The NetherlandsThis year, the Anthropology career committee organized an excursion to RAIN Foundation. This foundation is engaged in finding ways to collect rainwater for vulnerable groups of people who lack clean and sufficient water.
- Thu, Apr 18A2.11Apr 18, 2019, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PMA2.11, Roetersstraat, 1018 WV Amsterdam, The NetherlandsOn Thursday April 18 SEC and Kwakiutl organize the 'De Andere Blik' (DAB) of the new year! The DAB is an interdisciplinary lecture and discussion in which different perspectives of a theme are highlighted. This DAB will be about gender inequality and diversity in politics!
- Wed, Apr 10Jimmy WooApr 10, 2019, 11:00 PM – Apr 12, 2019, 4:00 AMJimmy Woo, Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 18, 1017 RC Amsterdam, The NetherlandsThe event you have been waiting for a long time will really take place soon: The FMG Feest! On April 10, 2019, the eight associations of the FMG will organize a fantastic party for you in the theme “ABC”.
- Fri, Apr 05The location will be determined laterApr 05, 2019, 9:00 AM – Apr 07, 2019, 12:00 PMThe location will be determined laterWhat: Lift competition When: 5-7 April Where: SECRET Like every year, Kwakiutl organizes another blood-curdling competition: who can lift the best? We start in Amsterdam and we end together in a still secret (very nice) city. The couple who arrive first cannot be alone for a year
- Thu, Apr 04Café HavelaarApr 04, 2019, 9:00 PMCafé Havelaar, Voetboogstraat 22, 1012 XL Amsterdam, The NetherlandsFrom April 4, we have a drink every Thursday in the Havelaar, Voetboogstraat 22. That is in the middle of the center and at a turn from the Dolly. We hope to see you all on Thursday to test this new location and drink away tears from the exam. Cheers!
- Fri, Mar 15Nieuwe Achtergracht, 166, common roomMar 15, 2019, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PMNieuwe Achtergracht, 166, common room, Nieuwe Achtergracht, 1018 Amsterdam, The NetherlandsFinally, after months of battling in the freezing cold, spring is really coming! Soon this means drinking beer again on the terrace while getting your legs tanned in the sun and showing off in a brand new summer outfit. Because Kwakiutl really likes to help you shine and parade in mo
- Tue, Mar 12Nieuwe Achtergracht, 170Mar 12, 2019, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PMNieuwe Achtergracht, 170, Nieuwe Achtergracht, 1018 Amsterdam, The NetherlandsIt's that time again: the annual FMG Congress will take place on March 12! Each year, the eight study associations of the Faculty of Society and Behavior (FMG) come together to organize one big event for you!
- Wed, Mar 06Ms. van Riemsdijkweg, 39Mar 06, 2019, 8:00 PM – Mar 07, 2019, 1:00 AMMs. van Riemsdijkweg, 39, Ms. van Riemsdijkweg, 1033 Amsterdam, The NetherlandsThe study associations SEC and Kwakiutl have once again joined forces to organize a wonderful event for you! On Wednesday March 6 we organize a “Performance Night” at the sexiest and most creative location you have ever been…. SEXYLAND!